Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend goodies.

I thought I'd post a couple things that are making me happy right now.

First of all, Target has a lot of their decor items on clearance. I'm loving this, because I finally have time to nest in my new apartment! Yesterday I picked up some shelves, corner shelves and photo frames, all in a delicious bright teal, and a really cool shadowbox with a little ceramic acorn, leaf and mushroom in it.... plus kitten food and some other goodies, all for $40!

IKEA is also wonderful! I got a desk there for $20. I've been looking for some small storage baskets/boxes/containers to go on my TV unit to house random knick knacks. The closest thing I've found to something I would actually use were colorful baskets from Cost Plus, but each one was $14... then I found these boxes! They're cardboard, yes, but I loved the pattern and the color. They have lids, too, for maximum neatness.

LINGO Box with lid for paper, blue Width: 11 " Depth: 13 ¾ " Height: 7 " Package quantity: 2 pack  Width: 28 cm Depth: 35 cm Height: 18 cm Package quantity: 2 pack

I'll be spending most of today in doing homework. Right now I'm writing a paper on the Venus de Milo. It's making me long to be back in Paris, like I was this past summer... so much history and beauty in one city! For now, I'll just write and dream.... til I can go back!



I've been thinking of going downtown. There's a coffeehouse I used to frequent as an undergrad; some of my best and hardest work was done there. I need the inspiration right now... I just may go.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment